Do you realize that back pain can be aggravated by the shoes that you are wearing? The best shoes for lower back pain will make a lot of difference with how you live your life.
Have you gone to the doctor for back pain? According to surveys, back pain is one of the most common reasons why people decide to go to the doctor.
Back pain may be caused by different reasons. Sometimes, the reason for experiencing back pain is obvious. Perhaps you have woken up in a weird sleeping position. Another possible reason is have acquired an injury that is related to sports.
The most common but not too obvious reason is your footwear. Do you believe that the shoes you wear can make a huge difference with the state of your lower back?
You have probably heard that high heels can cause back pain but high heels are not the only type of shoe that causes back pain.
A lot of times, people wear shoes that they are not comfortable in for the sake of their style.
People have the tendency to forget about their comfort for as long as they will look amazing for a certain time being.
Never mind the fact that they are going to have painful blisters on their feet. Never mind the fact that they are going to have aching calves and thighs.
Never mind the fact that they are causing their lower backs to be strained. Can you imagine letting your body go through these different types of pain just to look good?
Back pain can manifest more as time passes by, the older that people get, the more that they are going to feel the strain bought about by wearing uncomfortable footwear.
When you are young, will you actually make an effort to check out best shoes for lower back pain? Perhaps you would only consider this when your back is already truly painful.
Here are some of the types of footwear available and how they can affect your back:
Are you surprised that flats can actually cause back pain? When you wear flats, you can expect that you will not be getting any support for your back. In fact, since you have the tendency to wear them longer, they may actually cause more pressure on your back than high heels can.
Since flats do not offer any support, you can expect that it will be putting pressure on your legs every time you take a step. Once your legs have taken enough beating, the pressure will also start to build up on your back. Without using the right footwear, the time will come when you may even develop plantar fasciitis.
Perhaps you feel like you are already happy with how your legs and thighs look but you want to tone them. The perfect solution may be to purchase toning shoes, right? This is wrong. When you wear toning shoes, you can expect that your muscles will have the tendency to work more. This is because of the curved bottom of the shoes.
According to some studies, toning shoes do not actually work because they are just similar to athletic shoes. The main difference is that you can feel each step that you make because of how the shoes are shaped. There is a big chance that you will have the tendency to feel more pain not only on your lower back but your whole lower body after some time.
Since this is the most well-known culprit, let us discuss how this can affect your back. When it comes to high heels, do not only assume that this is for stilettos and open toed shoes. It can also apply to boots with high heels. All shoes with high heels can cause lower back pain. Whenever you walk in high heels, you walk in a certain posture to balance yourself and this can strain your back eventually.
Usually, the part of your body that gets affected the most by wearing high heels is your knee caps but eventually, you will cause some issues with your spine too. In order to improve your back’s condition, it is okay if you would wear high heels when you cannot avoid wearing them but if you are going to wear them on a daily basis, you can already expect that your back will start to hurt.
Remember the time when everybody thought that it would be cool to wear flip flops everywhere? There was a time when people collected different colored flip flops and wore them everywhere. It is a good thing that over the past years, wearing of flip flops has lessened considerably. Now, they are more seen at the beach where they belong.
Yet, there is a reason why flip flops may be bad for your back. Just notice how you wear them. Isn’t it that every time you walk, you have to scrunch up your toes? This means that the pressure will be on your hips so that you can continue moving. Over time, this will have an effect on your lower back too.
The above mentioned types of shoes are not those only types of shoes that can cause back pain. As long as shoes are not well made and do not offer proper support to your lower body, you can expect to suffer from lower back pain from time to time. With these things in mind, you cannot help but wonder, what are the best shoes for lower back pain then?
Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain
One of the misconceptions you may have when you are choosing the best shoes for lower back pain is that you have to wear chunky shoes or immediately shop at the orthopedic section. This is not true at all. Your main goal is to find shoes that can blend seamlessly with the rest of your wardrobe without causing some back pains.
Here are just some of the factors that you should consider:
Look at the arch of the shoes that you are considering to purchase. Does the arch work well with the natural arch of your foot? Arch can differ from person to person so it does not mean that just because a pair of shoes work well with one person, it already means that it will look amazing on you.
This is another thing that you have to consider. One of the mistakes that people make is choosing shoes that are too small or too big for them. There are different factors why you have shoes that do not fit well:
- You have acquired the pair from another person.
- You bought shoes because they were on sale.
- You like the style so much that you have purchased a pair even if it does not fit you well.
No matter what your reason is, purchasing shoes that do not fit well will have a negative effect on your whole lower body.
Do you realize that there are some shoes that have been tested and have passed for being comfortable? If you want shoes that will not hurt your lower body at all. Look for this seal. It will make a lot of difference.
Do you realize that there are some shoes that are more rigid than most? Rigid shoes do not really move that well. They may hurt the feet eventually because the feet will not be allowed to breathe. Shoes that are too flimsy will not do wonders for the feet as well.
In order to find the right shoes for you, the best thing that you can do is to have your feet evaluated first. You have to know if the width of your feet is narrow, medium or wide. The wider your feet are, the harder it may be for you to find shoes that will fit well.
Once you consider these factors, it will be easier for you to eliminate some shoes that you may want to purchase from the mall. You also have an option to have your shoes custom made if you believe that this is the best option. You can ask your physician if he/she thinks that this will work well for you. On the up side, there are best shoes for lower back pain that you can already buy ready made.
Best Athletic Shoes for Lower Back Pain
There are different shoes that you can find in the market but the best shoes for back pain are limited. You truly need to consider each one and also think about where you will use the shoes to make proper choices.
Brooks Glycerin has always been known for providing cushioning that is highly comfortable. This running shoe has been created for those who have neutral to mild overpronator. The support that this can provide cannot be denied because it can be easily adjusted to fit the different feet of people who wear this pair.
- Ideal Pressure Zones - This ensures that the pressure that may be felt in every step will be evenly distributed throughout the feet so that eventually, it can minimize pressure on the legs and the lower back.
- Rounded Heel Design - This makes it ideal also for people who have slightly wide to wide feet.
- Lightweight - The fact that it is lightweight makes it easy to use for running or even for just doing errands.
- Expensive - Those who are not too keen on purchasing expensive shoes may have to save up a bit to purchase a pair but once they try it out, they will realize why it is worth it.
- Some Reports of Early Breakdown - It will depend on the user and how often they use this pair but some have said that this pair can break down after a few months of continuous use.
Running shoes would have to provide the type of support that our feet need and you will not be disappointed with this pair. The cushioning of this pair is premium and will be hard to defeat especially when compared with other running shoes. This will enable people to keep their stability while training.
- Super Breathable - While you are not recommended to do it, you can wear this pair without socks and not worry about bad odor following your feet after.
- They Manage to Look New - One of the things that is disconcerting about running shoes is that when they are overused, they tend to look old immediately. This will not happen when you have this pair. You can wear them day in and day out and they will look brand new.
- Grip is Perfect - The grip of this pair on your feet will be heavenly and you can run through various terrains without worrying that the pair is going to come off.
- A Bit Narrow - This not for people who have wide feet as the width of this pair tend to be narrow as compared to others.
- Rigid Heel Counter - This is not exactly a con for some people but for some who are not fond of rigid heel counters, this may not be the pair for you.
If you are searching for a running shoe that will not only get rid of your lower back pain but will also give you a smooth and comfortable run then this may be the one that you are searching for. It is evident that this shoe has been constructed with materials that can give utmost comfort and support to the wearer. This can be worn for road running but can be worn for unpaved roads as well.
- Comes With Air Mesh Upper Unit - This ensures that the shoes are breathable and can keep shoes comfortable even when worn for long periods of time.
- Comes with Padded Tongue and Collar - This ensures that the feet will be snug when placed inside the shoes.
- Great for Wide Feet - People with wide feet who always have trouble searching for the right pair will not find it hard to wear this pair as they fit perfectly. This is also amazing for those who have encountered injuries before.
- Sole Issues - There are some reports wherein the soles of these shoes do not last as long as they would like.
- Expensive - For the price, a lot of people would like to have shoes that will last for a long time but after using this for 35 miles, it might not last that long anymore.
You are already aware that New Balance is probably one of the most popular running shoe brands at present time and there is a good reason for it. This is because it has been their mission to make sure that they will provide comfortable shoes to their loyal customer. This pair in particular has been designed to fit perfectly well with all women who would choose to wear it.
- Provides Great Support - You can tell that the support is amazing especially when you have been using it to run for quite some time. You will not feel any pain.
- Hip Looking - If you are concerned about how your pair of shoes look like, then you will not be disappointed with this as this can immediately make you look cool.
- A Lot of Room for Toes - One of the reasons why shoes are comfortable is because of the toe room that shoes can provide. This pair gives an ample amount of toe room.
- May Need Breaking In - This pair may be too tight in the beginning and may need considerable amount of using before they start to stretch out.
- Bottom of Shoes Are Thick - It may take some time getting used to the thick soles of the pair.
Best Walking Shoes for Lower Back Pain
Let us continue with the best walking shoes for lower back pain for those days when you do not feel like running.
There will be times when you do not want to wear shoes that are meant for running. Rather, you would like shoes that will help you walk around especially when you are running errands. This may be the pair that you need. This can help provide the support that you need for your arch. Shopping will not be a hard task anymore as you do not have to suffer with painful feet after.
- Amazing for Plantar Fasciitis - If you are suffering from plantar fasciits, you know that this is the pair that can give you what you are searching for.
- Provides Both Side and Arch Support - If you are used to wearing shoes that do not give the proper support then you will not be disappointed with this pair.
- Minimal Leg Fatigue - This may be one of the first things that you will notice when you start wearing this pair.
- Toes Are Too Wide - If you do not have wide feet then you may need to adjust a bit.
- Laces Are Hard to Tie - The laces of these shoes just do not keep tied and you would have to re tie them again and again at times.
The fact that these are walking shoes will already give you an idea that this is lightweight. This is known to be a favorite because of the feeling that it can give to users. Most users feel like they are walking on clouds. The design itself is fairly simple and it cannot really be considered as trendy but obviously, this cannot cause back pain.
- Fit is Excellent - The moment that you put it on, you can tell that you have never fit anything that is quite like it in the past. The fit can ensure maximum comfort to your feet.
- Helps Ease Discomfort - If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis or you have some knee issues, then this pair can help get rid of the different types of discomfort that you are feeling.
- Good Support - This will not be recommended for people who are suffering from some lower back issues if it would not provide proper support. You can be assured that your foot will not tip over.
- Sizing Is Not True to Size - You may have to purchase shoes that are larger than your regular size as they tend to be smaller than usual. Also consider if you need to purchase a wider pair if you have wide feet.
- Bulky - Those who have slender feet may not like the way that this bulky pair may look on their feet but the comfort that the bulk can give is evident.
Best Dress Shoes for Back Pain
We do understand that there are moments when you need to have shoes that you can wear for more formal occasions. You cannot wear your running or your walking shoes at weddings and special business events, right? You need best shoes for back support that can be worn for special occasions.
Aside from the fact that this is a pair that you can easily use when you have to attend formal events, this will allow you to be fashionable without hurting the lower portion of your body. It has a seam free lining which works well in order to keep feet comfortable as it prevents the feet from rubbing into the inside of the shoes.
- Wear It For Hours - Unlike the typical dress shoes that will require you to change into a more comfortable pair after some time, this pair can be worn for hours and you will not feel any discomfort.
- Uppers are Stretchable - One of the reasons why shoes have the tendency to become uncomfortable is because the uppers do not stretch. This pair has stretchable uppers that can fit well with the real shape of the feet.
- Pain Free Soles - Unlike typical soles that are too hard and rigid, the soles of this pair are very flexible and can reduce the pain that can be felt in different parts of the feet.
- Sizes Are Too Big - If you are going to purchase online, you may have to have it changed again because sizes are usually too big.
- Quality Issues - Some say that they have been using this pair for quite a while and they do not have issues with it while some have reported that the sole started to separate from the rest of the shoe after a few months. It may depend on how you use it.
The Ortaheel Technology is one of the most notable things that should be evident about this pair of dress shoes. This feature will make it possible for you to use it all day and still be comfortable. Since this is slip on, you do not have to fumble too much about keeping the laces intact as well as placing this on and off your feet. You know that this can help reduce the pressure from your feet without problems.
- Pain Becomes Less Apparent After Weeks of Using - If you normally suffer from pain because of different conditions, you will begin to notice that the pain will start to diminish after using this pair regularly.
- Looks Expensive - The moment that you see it, you know that you will not be embarrassed to use this whenever there are special occasions that you need to attend.
- Comes in Basic Colors - The colors this pair is available in keeps the look classy.
- Needs Breaking In - You may have to wear this at home for a few days to break the pair in but the moment that you do, it will provide maximum comfort.
- Size Not True to Size - If you would buy online, you may need to change it up if the size you purchased is wrong though you thought that you were buying the right size.
Best Sandals for Lower Back Pain
Now that we have covered the best dress shoes for back pain that can be worn at special events, you would also like to know the best sandals for lower back pain that are nice to wear during the summer time or when you would like to wear your most comfortable shoes. Here are some of the options you can check out:
If you would like to have sandals that look great and will allow you to wear the best shoes for lower back pain, then this may be the right pair for you. You can wear this in the summer and spring seasons and it will fit well with most of your clothes. It has an exceptional arch that will help you walk well without any pain. If you have not experienced walking without pain for a long period of time, you can try this now. It will change things greatly.
- Adjustable Straps - In order to ensure that the fit of these sandals will be perfect, adjust the straps to the best of your abilities.
- Heel is not Hard - Most people assume that the heels of this pair are hard because of how they look but they are more flexible and will provide the support that people need.
- Comes in Different Color Options - If you want, you can purchase in all colors so that you can wear them with the different clothes that you own.
- Sizes Not True to Size - You are recommended to purchase this pair in person so you can choose the size that fits closest to your actual size.
- No Half Sizes - You may choose to purchase a size that is too big for you and do some adjustments with the use of the adjustable straps.
The padding of this sandal is highly comfortable and you can wear this pair for a long time without issues. This can help encourage you to walk naturally so that you can comfort your whole lower body and your lower back. The design is well thought of and you would see the difference with every step that you take. Walking for long periods of time will not be an issue when you have these sandals on your feet.
- No Breaking In Period Required - Unlike other shoes that will require you to wear them at home for a certain period of time, this does not require breaking in. Wear it after purchasing and feel the difference.
- Width and Length are Perfect - The fit of these shoes are perfect on the feet. No need to do some adjustments.
- Adequate Arch Support - Even the lower arches are greatly supported by this pair.
- Not for Everyone - There are some people who find the arches not perfect for the type of feet that they have.
- Design Looks A Bit Dated - The design itself would have been popular a few years back but would not be the best choice now. Otherwise, this is still highly comfortable.
When you see this pair, you may think that they are not really sandals but flip flops. Actually, they are the flip flops you would like to have and wear for a long period of time. These sandals can provide the stabilization that you need and will also reduce the pressure on your feet and legs so that your lower back will stop hurting.
- Comes In Different Colors - Whether you want to purchase more than one or you would like a pair that will fit best with the clothes that you have in your closet, you can choose a color that you find appealing.
- Lightweight - If you do not want to wear this pair yet and you just want to bring it especially when you go on a trip, it will not add bulk to your luggage.
- Perfect for Those Who Have Had Injuries - Even if you experienced some foot injuries before, it will not be a problem anymore because this will allow you to not to feel the brunt of your injuries.
- May Take Time Getting Used to - If you are used to the usual flip flops, this may seem a bit shocking to you but will work to your advantage once you get the hang of wearing them.
- Cannot be Worn When Cold - If you live in a place with changing seasons, you may only get to wear them at certain seasons.
These are the best shoes for lower back pain that have changed the lives of people like you who are suffering from lower back pain. You would like to get rid of the pain you are feeling, right? You can start by purchasing the right pair of shoes.
It is evident that there are different types of shoes that can be considered the best shoes for lower back pain. There are so many that you can see in the market but not all will be good for you. If you would purchase in person, fit different ones and always consider the size. The best shoes for lower back and hip pain will not work if the size is all wrong. Out of all the ones that are mentioned above, which pair do you want to buy first?